Monday, October 26, 2009

bootiful Venice + L.C.

There was so much awesome packed into our Venice trip I don't think I can articulate it. I will appease you with these pictures I took and, as usual, a slightly-amusing anecdote that is somewhat irrelavant.








a list of the best things we did/saw this weekend:
Venice Biennial (massive internatial art show)
Peggy Guggenheim Collection (super cool modern art museum)
The Penault (super cool really modern art museum)
Sait Mark's Square
Basilica di Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari


anecdote time:
Randomly found an antique market during lunch on sunday. at one of the tables I found an Olivetti Lettera 22 typewriter and case. to some, this is just a some stupid old type writer. to me, it is the exact same typewriter Leonard Cohen used for three decades. s'right. I bought that baby right away and I couldnt even wait till I got home to try it- I started using it on the train ride home. It will be the bane of my roomates' lives. They will hear the banging of the keys till the wee hours. someone asked me how I'm going to get it home. this is my answer: I DON'T CARE ITS MY LEONARD COHEN TYPEWRITER.








2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful story. And to me it was a history lesson full of passion that made me feel almost as excited as you for you. I hope you can get it home. I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete