Wednesday, October 28, 2009

art

I thought, hey, since I'm here doing art, maybe I should post some. In case you didn't believe me and thought I'm just wandering around eating pasta or something. The first photo is my studio space. you can see my self portrait behind the dress dummy. Yeah, I'm all nakey, but I'm covering my offending parts. The other drawings are from our figure drawing sessions. I've been drawing on vellum. The second picture is a little masquerade-themed tutu I made for my second or third project. The last two are of a hanging sculpture I did called Psychopomp. I cast my legs in clingwrap and clear packing tape then cut myself out and taped it back up. I've done more than that, but that's all the pictures you're getting. more to come though.












3 comments:

  1. Ola chicka!! So I saw an "authentic" Italian pasta commercial and thought of you! Also, Happy belated bday! Sorry I didnt say anything on Facebook, but you know I'm hardly ever on it :P I've been reading your blog and it sounds like you are having the most amazing time! I am extremley jealous! Have you tried out Skype yet? I look forward to your next post! Talk to you soon!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be more regular in your responses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your wonderful blog and want to let you know that you may have lots of new readers and maybe even oodles of money since I blogged about you at http://www.supergramma.com

    So keep up the good work and remember the world is watching you (no pressure)

    Gramma

    ReplyDelete